Slider won't slide

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    elleeye

Hi there,

1) I have a slider that won’t slide. I’m using the same code from the demo, except I’m using my own images.

2) What size should the images be for the iPhone slider? Mine seem to be falling off.

I’d rather Private Message and send info, can not share the URL yet to the public.

Thank you for your help.

livemesh
    Keymaster

It generally happens due to visual editor misplacing HTML when you switch between visual editor and HTML. The newer versions of Appdev fix this issue by creating a shortcode for the iPhone Slider and shortcode is lot easier to use as well. Pls have a look at the end of this page for actual shortcode –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/appdev/smartphone-sliders/

The image size recommended is 323px by 553px (or higher but maintaining the same aspect ratio).

if you cannot upgrade right now, pls leave as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can get it fixed. You may also email me the same (see bottom right box in my profile page). Thanks

elleeye

Hi there, thanks for the info and quick reply. It is much appreciated. I did update to the latest version the other day, I will try your short code and let you know how it goes!

If I can’t remedy the issue, I will provide you the login.

elleeye

This short code worked, thank you. I will try re-sizing the images to make sure they work.

Now, the slider that slides in with the 4 slide in images that say “like this video” “write something” etc – is there a way to control where those elements are pointing? I imagine part of it is going inside a PSD file with those images pre-made and writing something different, replacing the images, but is there a way to either change where it flies in OR add a 5th element?

livemesh
    Keymaster

Those arrows are nothing but images and you can control their number and position by adding additional img tags of your own to the following HTML you see in the page sections called Features and Showcase –

Feature 1 ... Feature 4

And since it is just fade-in effect (they don’t move as part of animation), you can place these arrows anywhere you want by modifying the top and left values in following CSS in style.css file –

#feature-pointers img.feature1 { top: 62px; left: 390px; }
    #feature-pointers img.feature2 { top: 160px; left: 10px; }
    #feature-pointers img.feature3 { top: 300px; left: 370px; }
    #feature-pointers img.feature4 { top: 310px; left: 10px; }

You may insert the modified CSS into Custom CSS tab in the Theme Options panel or the /custom/custom.css file. Hope this is clear enough.

elleeye

Thank you, I will give that a try!

jimulabs

@livemesh, which tag or shortcode does the fade-in animation? I copied <div id=”feature-pointers”> and its children into my page section, but the images are always invisible.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Can you post a private message here or send me a temporary login to your site. I can get this fixed for you quickly. Thanks

elleeye
    This reply has been marked as private.
    elleeye
    elleeye

Greetings!

Your swift help in us resolving the scrolling screenshot issue is appreciated! We are submitting to iTunes for approval of our app and we are in a holding pattern due to the screenshots not working on our site. Can you help us today?

Thank you, thank you,
    Lisa + Team

elleeye
    Raghavendra
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.