Site scrolling

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    easyePL

Hey. I was wondering if it possible to improve the site scrolling function. For example when you scrolling Squash theme its running smoother and faster.
    Appdev has little lags, and isnt as smooth as Squash.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Appdev has smooth scroll enabled while Squash is not. While Appdev’s scroll is not super smooth, it works well for most situations considering the natural scroll speed of an user actually visiting the website (as opposed to someone who is just testing it for smoothness of scroll by doing vigorous scrolling with unnatural high scroll speed ). It’s much better than the natural jagged native scroll of Safari and Chrome. Parallax backgrounds are best experienced with smooth scroll enabled.

If you like the native scroll better (the setting used for Squash), you can disable smooth scroll for Appdev by going to the Theme Options -> General tab and checking the checkbox ‘Disable Smooth Scroll’. I hope you are testing this in Chrome/Safari and not in Firefox. Firefox native browser scrolling is quite smooth and hence you will feel Squash is better. You must test and compare the two themes in Chrome/Safari before you decide to disable smooth scroll in theme options panel for all browsers. Hope this helps.

easyePL

I understand, okey then, waiting for you to take a look on my site with images, it may be the wrong size, but I can get it spann to entire browser width in IE 11.
    Backdround_speed doesnt work either on IE. You can see this even on your site demo.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Yes, I did some testing and looks like IE11 has issues with fixed backgrounds. Specifying the background-attachment:scroll seemed to fix the issue for IE but breaks the parallax backgrounds in Chrome/Safari. Let me do some more testing and get back to you. I know this is taking time – but let’s hope we are getting closer to a solution although I think we may still have other issues to tackle in IE11 like this one –

http://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/806682/fixed-background-image-jumps-up-and-down-during-scroll-in-ie11

If you do not have sizeable IE11 traffic, I wouldn’t worry too much about this. And chances of these users choosing a zoom of less than 100% (which is when the problem occurs) would be even lower. Hope you agree.

easyePL

thanks for the answer. I really appreciate that you support your themes so good !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.