selected post snippets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    greglr
    Participant

Hi, using this porfolio shortcode [show_post_snippets post_type="portfolio" number_of_columns=4 post_count=4 image_size='small'] I would like to show selected content from a category or range of order. Is there a solution? Thanks

livemesh
    Keymaster

You can use the following shortcode arguments. Thanks –

[show_post_snippets post_type="post" number_of_columns=4 post_count=8 image_size="medium" taxonamy= 'category' terms='news,announcements'] 

livemesh
    Keymaster

For portfolio items, pls use –

[show_post_snippets number_of_columns=3 post_count=6 image_size='large' show_meta='false' terms="inspiration,technology" taxonamy="portfolio_category" post_type="portfolio"]

Hey Livemesh,

Can any of these shortcodes be used to show the latest posts? I know there is a shortcode for latest posts, however it displays them one above the other. I was wondering whether there was a way to have the recent posts show up in 4 columns, exactly the way the portfolio is laid out please?

Thanks for your support. You’ve been nothing short of fantastic so far!

livemesh
    Keymaster

I think this will meet your need –

[show_post_snippets number_of_columns=3 post_count=6 image_size='large' show_meta='false' terms="inspiration,technology" taxonamy="category" post_type="post"]

But, I found that there is a slight typo in the theme which requires fix before you use this shortcode –

Pls change the line 434 in framework/presentation/layout-manager.php code from –

$thumbnail_output = mo_get_blog_thumbnail($thumbnail_size, $taxonamy);

to

$thumbnail_output = mo_get_blog_thumbnail($image_size, $taxonamy);

The fix will be part of the next update and hence this should one time change for you.

That did the job perfectly. Thanks Livemesh!!

ozmanzia

[show_post_snippets number_of_columns=4 post_count=21 image_size=’small’ terms=”small-qurans” taxonomy=”portfolio_category” post_type=”portfolio”]

i am using above short code me EXTINCT THEME in PAGE ATTRIBUTE Template = Portfolio 4 Column. I want to display categories of only category that i have selected. The problem is the template starts showing other categories items after the one i have written

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.