404 Error on Shortcode Builder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jvpapa

Hi,

I love this theme. Awesome job! I am having a problem using shortcodes.

When I use the visual editor and click on the green plus for the shortcode builder. It opens a small window with a 404 error. I’m using WordPress 3.7.1.

If there’s no fix could you provide detailed list of shortcodes and parameters. I’m trying to insert a large blue button and could not access the code from the sample site.

Thank you,

Joe

Nexus

Hi Joe,

This is a strange issue, which I haven’t seen so far. Can you pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard so that I can take a look.

Thanks!

jvpapa
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Checked by creating a post and I can see the error as reported by you. This looks like a config issue on the WordPress installation itself. Can I share the FTP for this site so that I can debug further? I looked at the htaccess file and saw no issues. There are some hints of what could be wrong here –

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2195252/in-wordpress-php-files-within-the-theme-folder-do-not-run-but-return-404-erro

Will need to take a look at the error log as well as check the file permissions.

jvpapa
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I rectified the issue by deactivating the “rogue” .htaccess file in the wp-content folder of your installation with this content –

<Files *.php>
    deny from all
    </Files>

I suppose most ThemeForest themes will have an issue if you have this setting and hence I renamed the file. May have been inserted by a plugin.

jvpapa

Works great! Thank you!

Nexus

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error on Shortcode Builder’ is closed to new replies.